Graduate students, residents, or/and other researchers who wish to perform research for, with or about World Spine Care (WSC) must seek approval from the WSC Research Committee.
Instructions and information for applicants
- Contact one of the members of the WSC Research Committee (RC); if the member considers the project of interest to WSC the researcher must submit the following information to the WSC RC secretary who will distribute the material to WSC RC members:
- short project outline (no more than two pages)
- curriculum vitae (CV)
- Once the WSC RC has reviewed the research project outline and CV, the applicant will be invited to give a 20-minute presentation via GoToMeeting. Questions and answers will follow. If approved, then a formal written protocol is requested from the applicant.
- The protocol must be submitted to and approved by the applicant’s local (University-based) or independent Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Ethics Committee; the WSC research committee will ask for the IRB/Ethics Committee review and decision.
- The WSC RC meets once per month; decisions regarding proposals are generally made within a month.
- The WSC RC does not provide project funding.
- The WSC RC is available for advice and has contacts in host countries. Ethical approvals from a host country can sometimes be lengthy and WSC contacts are valuable to facilitate the process.
- Once the proposed project is approved by the WSC RC, a mentor from the WSC Research Committee is assigned to help facilitate, but not to conduct the research. Working in underserved areas is exciting and rewarding, and a WSC mentor can help navigate the challenges encountered in local contexts.
Are you ready to submit a research proposal?
Please fill out our REB Form. In addition to submitting an REB #, will be required to upload your REB Certificate and Data access agreement.