DID YOU KNOW?
- More than a billion people in the world today experience spine-related disability.
- Spine disability disproportionately affects women, the elderly, rural communities and lower-income countries.
- The greatest burden of disability worldwide is attributed to neck and back pain combined.
World Spine Care is a global charity with a mission to improve lives in under-served communities by providing evidence-based, sustainable spine care. We aim to create a world in which everyone has access to the highest quality spine care possible.
YOU CAN HELP
From October 13th – October 20th, 2019, take the Work-a-Day for World Spine Care campaign and donate a portion of your clinic proceeds to World Spine Care.
With your support, we can help thousands of patients suffering from spinal pain and spine related disability through patient care at our clinics in Botswana, the Dominican Republic, Ghana, and India – while continuing to build partnerships and provide training and outreach to the local community.
HERE IS WHAT YOUR GIFT CAN DO
When deciding to Work-a-Day for World Spine Care and deciding to donate a partial or full day of work, this is the impact of your dollars at work*:
- $10,000 will pay for approximately one-fifth of a research project, that includes the development and evaluation of an interprofessional neuromusculoskeletal screening, assessment and treatment protocols for spinal conditions encountered in residents of a rural community;
- $1,500 will help to cover the costs of a flight and on the ground expenses for an incoming Clinical Supervisor joining the WSC Program in one of our clinics;
- $500 will provide the budget for clinic training materials, tools, and expenses for volunteers;
- $20 will help to support local research initiatives taking place in the World Spine Care Clinic to build up the body of knowledge on effective spine care in under-developed communities.
Demonstrate Your Commitment to Global Spine Care: Sign up now to receive updates on our upcoming campaign, social media tips, and marketing materials and tools that will help to implement the Work-a-Day campaign in your clinic.